The mission of the Western Isles Psychological Services is to offer effective, evidenced based psychological services to children, young people and those who support them, to make a positive difference to their lives. The child is central, and the work is undertaken in the spirit of collaboration, co-operation, and respect.
The vision is to provide accessible, equitable services to children and young people and their families/carers and to the agencies that support them. The vision is to be dynamic, innovative and focused on early intervention, prevention, strengths and capacities for change.
The Services aims are:
• To carry out the core functions of Psychological Services (Assessment, Intervention, Consultation, Training and Research ) in ways that can be considered to be sector leading and impact significantly on outcomes for our stakeholders.
• To engage stakeholders fairly and with integrity in a way that allows them to feel both supported and challenged to progress. This support and challenge will have psychology at its core and will remain free from bias and other forms of prejudice.
• To promote inclusive practice.
• To engage wholeheartedly in a process of self-evaluation leading to continuous improvement in all aspects of our service delivery.
• To support the work of our partners to help our local community thrive
Telephone : 01851 822736
Education and Children's Services
Management : Western Isles Council
Referral Method : An Inter-agency referral form should be submitted by a professional through the Learning Community