One Parent Families Scotland is the leading charity working with single parent families in Scotland. We provide expert advice, practical support and campaign with parents to make their voices heard to change the systems, policies and attitudes that disadvantage single parent families.
Our direct services tailored to the needs of single parent families cover:
- Tailored advice and information.
- Welfare rights and money advice
- Family support
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Support into training, education and employment programmes
- Access to flexible childcare services (now run by our sister organisation FCSS)
- Training for practitioners
- Services to reduce the digital exclusion facing single parents.
We want to change single parent families’ experiences of isolation, loneliness, poverty, inequality, stigma and poor health, for the long-term. Our approach supports single parents to build their self-esteem, confidence and skills, to take up employment, training and education opportunities and to participate in OPFS policy and campaigning activities.
Telephone : 0808 801 0323 or 0131 556 3899
Email : email@example.com
X (Formally Twitter) : https://twitter.com/opfs?lang=en
2 York Place
Referral Method : Self or professionals