All children have the right to have their views considered when decisions are being made about the support they get with their learning. Children aged 12–15 with additional support needs have specific rights to be involved in decisions that affect them.
My Rights, My Say provides:
- advice and information about a child’s rights
- advocacy to support a child to have their voice heard when talking to their school
- independent support to make sure the child’s views are heard in formal processes (such as assessments)
- support to enhance professional practice in listening to children’s views
- legal representation to support a child making a reference to the Additional Support Needs Tribunal.
Web Enquiry Form : https://myrightsmysay.scot/referral/
Management : My Rights, My Say is a partnership between Enquire, Children in Scotland, Cairn Legal and Partners in Advocacy