With all the changes happening because of coronavirus – schools closing, no exams, staying at home all the time, not being able to see friends – children and young people may be feeling worried, anxious or overwhelmed.
How have we responded?
To help, Enquire has developed a new advice section on our website Reach for you to look at with your child. Called my learning and support during and after coronavirus, it has reassuring, easy to read, accessible advice on lots of subjects including:
- What to expect when schools re-open
- Protecting children’s rights during and after coronavirus
- Tips to help if you’re feeling anxious or overwhelmed
- Tips if you’re still learning at home
- Advice on moving school
- Advice for school leavers, including how to appeal SQA results
- Keeping safe online during coronavirus
How can parents use it?
The webpage is a great way to start a conversation with your child if you are worried they are struggling with their learning during coronavirus. We’ve also signposted to other sources of useful advice and support that can help children and young people during this difficult time.
One young person told us the webpage was “cool” and “very helpful”.
There is loads of advice in the other sections of the website that might be helpful when your child goes back to school.