Your child can get advice on school and hear what has helped other pupils on our website Reach.
Reach helps pupils to understand their rights to feel supported, included, listened to and involved in decisions at schools.
- With practical tips on school and young people sharing their views and experiences on all sorts of school problems, Reach is the ‘go-to’ source of advice to help pupils make the most out of their education.
- The core message of Reach is that no one is out of reach, and that the right support can make all the difference to pupils having a hard time at school.
- Reach challenges stigma about needing or asking for help in school and shares positive stories about pupils who have overcome barriers with their learning.
The voices of young people at school in Scotland:
Reach puts a big focus on sharing pupils’ real-life stories of school, as many young people have told us they are more likely to listen to school advice from their peers and that it helps to know you’re not the only one who has had problems at school.
Pupils with diverse backgrounds from across Scotland help to shape Reach. By involving children and young people in our work, we ensure that Reach is helpful and relevant to pupils’ lived experiences of school.
Schools advice on Reach includes:
- I’m being bullied
- Home life makes school hard for me
- I feel down about school
- My rights to extra support
- I’m changing schools
- I’m leaving school
- I need help to learn or feel included in school
- I’m in care
- I want to have my say at school
- I’m out of school
Help us spread the word about Reach among pupils:
To order some Reach postcards for young people or our poster for schools, please get in touch with our helpline on 0345 123 2303 or by email@example.com.
Reach has 3 animations for young people 1) why it’s good to talk about problems at school even when it’s hard to 2) their rights to be supported and involved in decisions at school 3) their rights to an advocate to help make their voice heard at school. Watch the animations on the Reach YouTube channel.