With the right support all children can get the most from school
Enquire is the Scottish advice service for additional support for learning. Our mission is to:
- raise awareness of children’s rights to extra support in school
- help families and schools work together to ensure children get the support they need
- provide advice to children and young people who might be struggling in school.
We do this by:
- providing easy to understand advice and information about additional support for learning legislation and guidance for families and professionals
- helping families find local education and support services
- sharing practical tips to help families and schools can work together and solve problems should they arise.
We offer lots of ways to access our help including a telephone helpline, guides, factsheets and outreach work. All the information and advice we provide is independant and impartial.
Helping young people understand their rights
Reach is our young people’s website dedicated to giving advice and information to pupils about their rights to feel supported, included, listened to and involved in decisions at school.
With practical tips on what can help, rights information and young people sharing their views and experiences on all sorts of issues at school, Reach is the ‘go-to’ source of advice to help pupils make the most out of their education.