With the right support all children can get the most from school
Enquire is the Scottish advice service for additional support for learning. Our mission is to:
- raise awareness of children’s rights to extra support in school
- help families and schools work together to ensure children get the support they need
- provide advice to children and young people who might be struggling in school.
We do this by:
- providing easy to understand advice and information about additional support for learning legislation and guidance for families and professionals
- helping families find local education and support services
- sharing practical tips to help families and schools can work together and solve problems should they arise.
We offer lots of ways to access our help including a telephone helpline, guides, factsheets and outreach work. All the information and advice we provide is independant and impartial.
Our service Reach can help you talk to your child about the support they need with school
Reach can help you and your child to understand children’s rights to be supported and involved in decisions so they have an equal chance to flourish in their education.
With accessible, bitesize advice on additional support for learning and the chance to hear from pupils across Scotland sharing what has helped them, Reach can help you to talk with your child about school and the support they need.