Can people other than teaching staff help my child in school?

If your child has additional support needs, they may need help from people who don’t work in the school – such as a speech and language therapist, physiotherapist, counsellor, support worker or social worker.

Your child may get support from these people in school – for example, a speech and language therapist may visit your child for a certain number of sessions. Sometimes they work with a teacher or classroom assistant to help them build up the skills needed to support your child.

For further information please see  Enquire factsheet 7 – Who provides extra support for children’s learning?


0345 123 2303
Enquire Visit our site for
children and young people

Helpline: 0345 123 2303

Visit our website for children and young people