Enquire allowed me to understand what my child was entitled to educationally and how the school should be supporting my son – helped relieve my anxieties.
Factsheet 13: Co-ordinated support plans
You can download this publication as a PDF: Factsheet 13: Co-ordinated support plans (154 kB).
What is a co-ordinated support plan (CSP)?
- is an action plan for some children and young people who need significant additional support with their education
- is monitored and reviewed regularly
- supports professionals to work together to help children and young people achieve educational targets
- ensures this support is properly co-ordinated
- is for everyone involved: the child or young person, you the parent, teachers, therapists, educational psychologists, social workers and so on.
Other written plans used to make sure all children and young people learn effectively include Personal Learning Plans, Individualised Educational Programmes (IEPs) or similar local plans. However, the CSP is the only legal planning document in education.