Enquire is a lifeline for parents who are struggling and need help as far as educational policies and law are concerned
Annual conference 2010: Families as Learning Partners
Enquire’s national conference, ‘Families as Learning Partners’, took place on Tuesday 9 March 2010 in Hamilton and was a great success. The almost sold-out event attracted an audience from across Scotland, including parents and professionals from a range of organisations. The mix of speakers and workshops were received positively. Delegates were clear that good communication and co-operation between professionals lies at the heart of successful parental involvement.
Delegates particularly enjoyed hearing directly from children and young people themselves on their thoughts on what might help them at school and make it easier for families to get more involved in school.
Resources from the conference:
- Families as Learning Partners – 2010 Conference Report (PDF – 838kB)
- Learners’ Perspective Keynote Presentation (PDF – 672KB)
- Audio recordings of interviews with young people on scenarios about how homelessness affects travel to school, moving house and changing school; attending school meetings and homework (MP4 – 2.5MB).
- Parents’ Voices presentation delivered by the Enquire helpline (PDF- 444KB)
- ‘Creating Confident Communities’ breakout session (PDF -280KB)
- ‘Supporting Parents with Disabilities’ breakout session (PDF – 100KB)
- ‘Scotland’s Travelling communities – parental involvement for mobile families?’ breakout session (PDF – 79KB)
- ‘Parental and Carer Involvement for Looked After Children’ breakout session (PDF – 100KB)
- ‘Parental and Carer Involvement for Looked After Children’ breakout session (PDF – 272KB)
- ‘Kinship Carers – who has the parental rights?’ breakout session (PDF – 796KB)
- ‘Transitions from school, involving families’ breakout session (PDF – 144KB)